City of San Diego Golf Division
COVID-19-Related Information & Updates
The City of San Diego Parks and Recreation Department Golf Division is pleased to announce all golf courses will be open for business as of May 1, 2020, with some restrictions.
Public safety remains our primary concern.
We will modify operations to ensure maximum caution as the region continues to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak. Please check back often, as the situation related to this public health crisis is ever changing.
Please note that all players must maintain six feet of physical distance at all times while visiting City of San Diego golf facilities.
The following modified procedures are in place at all sites:
- Please maintain six feet of physical distance from others at all times while at the golf facility
- All players will be greeted at the front entrance at your vehicle – please wear your facial coverings in the clubhouse and parking lot
- Parking lots open a half-hour before sunrise
- Only players with tee times are allowed on property
- Walk-up play must wait off site until a tee time is assigned by staff
- Resident cards may only be purchased online
- Groups larger than eight (8) players are not permitted
- Players may arrive no earlier than 45 minutes before their scheduled time
- Golf carts available for single riders, unless from same household. Walking allowed.
- Hand sanitizer or soap and water will be provided near all common areas
- Social-distancing stickers are placed on the ground for your convenience
- Staff will wipe down surfaces regularly
- Credit card payment is required for all purchases
- No more than one group may congregate on any tee box
- Players may remove facial coverings on the golf course, provided six feet of physical distance is maintained
- Bunker rakes, ball washers and benches have been removed
- Cups are raised slightly to allow for no-touch retrieval of golf balls
- Flagsticks must remain in the cups at all times
- All groups must exit property immediately upon holing out their final shot
- The driving range will be open with appropriate social-distancing measures in place
- Practice putting greens and short-game areas are closed
- Beverage cart and to-go snack services are available
- The South Course greens were aerified April 18-20, which was later than scheduled due to the rains. The greens are currently in the healing process with holes and sand present.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Designed by legendary course architect William P. Bell and completed by his son, William F. Bell, Torrey Pines Golf Course opened in 1957. It offers two 18-hole Championship courses – Torrey Pines North and Torrey Pines South. Both golf courses are played by the PGA TOUR professionals during the Farmers Insurance Open held in late January or early February every year. The final two rounds of this tournament are played on the South Course. The world-renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course provides some of the most dramatic ocean views from several holes.
The South Course was home of the 2008 US Open Championship and will host it again in 2021. Golf course architect Rees Jones redesigned the South Course in 2001.
The North course was recently redesigned by Tom Wieskopf in 2016 and offers breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and Torrey Pines State Reserve.
RATES 2020 (15 players or less)
PAY AT GOLF COURSE ON DAY OF PLAY
MON-THU: $116 (North), $202 (South)
FRI-SUN/HOL: $145 (North), $252 (South)
PAY IN ADVANCE NON-REFUNDABLE
TP ADVANCED RESERVATION FEE: $45
GSD SERVICE FEE: $40
For current GROUP rates (16 players or more) and VIP Packages (8 players or more), please Contact Us by email or phone.
SCORECARDS: SOUTH COURSE / NORTH COURSE
HOLES: 36 (North and South Courses)
PAR: 72 (Both courses)
ARCHITECTS: William P. Bell and William F. Bell (1957), Rees Jones (2001 South Course), Tom Wieskopf (2016 North Course)
YEAR BUILT: 1957
ADDRESS: 11480 N. Torrey Pines Rd. La Jolla, CA 92037